Twas the night before Cambodia, and we must thank the Lord because we have just had 8 relaxing days and 7 Rejuvenating nights!!!
Thanks for all your sympathetic shout-outs re: our last little adventure. It's a great thing Doug had a relaxing week at the beach on the books right after! We are staying at the new Westin Resort in Phuket, which just opened at the beginning of August. The beach at the Westin is small, but the view from the resort is gorgeous: Ocean and green island hills is our view, plus a local village nearby!
Highlights of the week-
We were upgraded twice and ended up in a large suite. Sweet!! We chilled!!
We watched about 6 movies
Laid out drinking yummy drinks. Ended the week with no sun burns somehow?!
Read a plenty! Doug flew through 2 Jeffrey Archer books in a matter of 4 days!
And I studied the gospel of Matthew
Delicious food! (and comped breakfast buffet)!!!
Mastered our Thai 'Hello and Thank yous'
Now we are headed to catch an overnight flight to Cambodia where we will visit Angkor Wat, a really fabulous attraction of temples, Phnom Phen to see the killing fields and more. Doug's dad is meeting us for this leg of the trip and will land Monday morning. We'll keep you up to speed!
Time has been flying so fast on our travels! Every time I look up I feel like it's Sunday again and I'm trying to find a Catholic church around here, Not EASYJ!!! We're having a great time! Cambodia, then Hong Kong, then New York City here we come!!! We've been traveling for a little over a month now, and every once in a while we're getting ready for home again. That's when I remind myself that 'home is where the heart is'…so Doug is my home. Pheph!! It's a great thing we've got each other ;)
Good night, off to a Thai dinner and a Cambodian flight!
Now that looks like my kind of place. Beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteWow, that scenery is beautiful. I am envious. Enjoy your stay!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, Leigh Ann, you are just precious. Reading this blog, just brings tears to my eyes. I am so thrilled for you both and so very proud. Enjoy and treasure each minute. And yes, Home is where the Heart is and always with each other.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog, i am sure enjoying reading it.
Hugs and Kisses, Nita Crow