We took our second overnight flight in 6 days yesterday and arrived in London, England. If you ever heard me talk about this place you would think I have been twice a year for my entire life. Truth be told I have only been once when I was eight. However, there is no vacation that I have been on that matches that trip and it was one of if not the greatest memory of my childhood. I absolutely love this town and am extremely excited to show Leigh Anne.
After arriving at the hotel and finding our room not ready yet we decided to head across the River Thames for breakfast and to explore the city. This lead to the a memory of my first trip to London being debunked. I remembered eating at a place called "Garfunkel's" prior to attending my favorite musical "Buddy Holly". I've always remembered it as a very fine dining establishment. I was astonished when I saw it and thought there was no way we could afford to eat there. Turned out to be something equivalent to a Denny's (much tastier though).
After checking into our hotel though we were quite pleased with our room and especially the view. It overlooks the River Thames, House of Parliament, and Big Ben. The photo at the top of this post is actually taken from our hotel room window. And it does not do the view justice. It is absolutely gorgeous.
Wow, lots of posts since I first looked. I'll be following along:) This will be a wonderful journal of your travels and experiences. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your Garfunkel's story made me laugh:) Hey, you were eight and you loved it - for an 8 yo it was fine dining!!! Glad you have such fond memories of that trip.
ReplyDelete