Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hong Kong



We hit Hong Kong with a lot of enthusiasm for shopping and good deals! The city is walled in stores and shops in every price range. I have got to say I am quite disappointed in the markets, because to get those steals of a deals you have to debate prices back and forth for 5 minutes. After a couple of transactions I decided that 'dealin' isn't much fun, and paying normal prices for their things doesn't make much sense either! So, I am looking real forward to finishing the shopping energy I have in NY :). Doug on the other hand had very great shopping success! He has been researching for months however, and knew just the tailors he would use. He even bought his own fabric and had it shipped to them before hand. It was neat to see him be fitted and the clothes mid way through. He even had a pair of brown suede shoes made! We were looking high and low about how I could get some custom fit things made too. These guys confess that they do not do many women's clothing and did not give me reason to put my confidence in them for my stuff at their prices. So Peggy- it's back to our drawing board to make me the perfect pant;)


Today is our last day here and we are going to Victoria's Peak (a must do tourist spot) and to ride the Star Ferry(other must do tourist deal). Then to find a great dinner, Doug's hoping for McDonald's. Sort of silly, but sounds good because the food we've had here has not been fit our fancy much. Thailand has been the best food of the trip !! New York is a close second :). Speaking of which we are looking REAL forward to getting home too.

Cheers to the last night of our big traveling, actually flew all the way around the world, trip!!

3 comments:

  1. Certainly have enjoyed hearing about all your adventures....I am thinking I would have enjoyed those lazy days on the beach the most :)NYC will seem tame to you guys now!! Best wishes getting settled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing adventure you two have had post bar exam. We'll work on those "perfect" pants soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been fun watching your travels!! now that you're back in NYC, keep it going...

    ReplyDelete